September 9, 2014

Doug Kass vs Talking head geniuses on TV

I continue to watch with amazement the talking heads on various business media outlets -- so self-confident in view on so many disparate subjects. (I like to think that I know what I know and I don't know what I don't know!)

Too many are 3 miles long but only an inch deep and are fixed/complacent in view (rarely considering adverse outcomes).

I wish the game was that easy, and I wish the investment mosaic was so simple.

As I have always written, the only certainty is the lack of certainty.

Perhaps that explains my conservative risk profile and why I size positions relatively small and stay diversified.

And it helps to explain why I view fundamental analysis (though time- and labor-intensive) as a superior investment tool for me. 

ShareThis