May 6, 2015

Businesses - East Coast vs West Coast

I asked the question ....on Twitter whether the establishment of CNBC's fancy headquarters in San Francisco marked a top in the technology and social-media industries.

I received quite a lot of responses to my tweet about this possible thin reed market indicator.

My comment was not meant literally. I was just asking the question and awaiting responses by followers.

That said there are several good counters to my question:

    -Bloomberg TV already had a bureau there where it generates several hours of programming each day.
    -More importantly, business and finance are moving to the West Coast -- especially to Los Angeles, San Francisco and, of course, Silicon Valley.

We, or I, have an East Coast-centric view, but the center of power and action have begun to move out there. 



http://www.thestreet.com/story/13135973/2/shades-of-1990s-in-social-media-earnings-misses-best-of-kass.html

ShareThis