August 24, 2016

Media and traders like volatility

Unlike "King of Nothing" Jerry Seinfeld, both the business media and people who trade and invest typically like excitement and volatility.

Many people will love a heated Hillary Clinton vs. Trump election, and many love Ryan Lochte's apparent screw-up in Rio more than they love many actual Olympic events.

What they don't love is a boring, uneventful stock market -- but that's exactly what we're getting right now.

Forty-seven years ago this week, I experienced the "The Summer of Love" at Woodstock on Max Yasgur's farm in Bethel, N.Y. But this year, we're all experiencing the "Summer of Nothing" on Wall Street, with low volume and little in the way of volatility.

Hmm ... I think I might have something here. It's obviously time for me to make a "Nothing Pitch" to business TV, because they've got to have something, right?

Maybe I'll call CNBC or Bloomberg to pitch a new show whose plot is: "Hey, these pretzels are making me thirsty!"


via thestreet

ShareThis